Calendar data is currently stuck in different places. The data is maintained by different applications originating in different calendaring sources.
When considering calendars for the connected court, challenges are revealed:
The aiCALENDAR Solution
aiCALENDAR aggregates multiple calendar sources into a shared collaboration platform supporting both in-person and virtual court hearings. It provides:
- Access: Anytime, anywhere access to the case calendar from any mobile device (judges and participants alike)
- Efficiency: Built-in efficiencies for the court and attorneys for collaboration, compliance and scheduling guidelines
- Unity: An accurate, unified court calendar for everyone
- Personalized Configurations: Judge-specific scheduling processes that cater to the needs of each individual judge
- Tailored Docket Sheets: Judge-specific templates for capturing and communicating today’s docket
- Simplification: Streamlined scheduling processes that reduce the workload burden on the court
Many judges have seen the advantages of going paperless and having remote access, but some have worried that the system would impose cumbersome clicks and be too slow for use in the courtroom. aiCALENDAR provides at-a-glance details for all calendar events. Judges can establish up-front guidelines that standardize the information attorneys provide when scheduling. They have direct access to cases straight from their calendar. If they are conducting a virtual hearing, the judge can launch the web conferencing app straight from their calendar. They can easily customize the calendar to their preferences.
For Attorneys and Litigants
Now it’s easy for attorneys and case participants to stay connected and collaborate with the court calendar system. Without having to make a phone call, attorneys can view the docket, locate an available hearing date, determine the court’s guidelines for scheduling, collaborate with opposing counsel to schedule a hearing date. And best of all, it can all be done with a mobile device, such as a tablet or smart phone.
For IT Staff
aiCALENDAR can be easily configured for the judge’s and attorney’s user experience without help from IT staff. This puts the power in the hands of the knowledge worker who understands the judge’s preferences and keeps IT from being burdened.